Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream - No Machine!

I have a million things I could blog about because I like to take pictures of everything I do. Why you ask? No idea! I just think it's fun and I guess maybe I always thought I'd blog and now I'm glad I did so I can share it with everyone.

Today I'm sharing how to make homemade ice cream without using a machine. Ice cream can be expensive! Especially if you want the good name brands. So I decided to look on the internet and see if I could find how to make it without a machine since I don't have one and because they look like a pain in the butt to use!

I love reading the blog Kevin & Amanda. She loves to travel and has a cupcake fetish. Who wouldn't love her?! On her blog she posted a Homemade Ice Cream Recipe found here and I thought wow how easy! So this is the guideline I used.

There are only 3 basic ingredients that you need and from there you can make what ever kind of ice cream your little heart desires. The first kind I decided to make was Cookie Dough Ice Cream. It was super easy and of course I didn't take pictures of it. The second kind I made was Banana Pudding Ice Cream. I love me some banana pudding and I love ice cream so mix the two together and you get happiness! I will share that recipe with you!

Let's get started with the 3 basic ingredients you will use in every batch you make....(Name brand ingredients are always better but if you are on a budget you can of course use store brand. I personally can't tell the difference!)

First you will need 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. They come in different sizes but I find it easier to buy the 16oz size because it equals 2 cups and that way you don't have to measure!

Next you will need one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk...


And the last main ingredient is 3 tablespoons of melted butter...

-Pour the heavy whipping cream in a mixing bowl and beat with your electric mixer until the liquid peaks and gets fluffy. I had never done this before so I thought it was neat that a liquid could actually do that! Yes, small things amuse me!

-Next whisk in the can of sweetened condensed milk. Trying not to stir it to much. Just enough to blend.

-Then whisk in the 3 tablespoons of melted butter until blended.

Now the fun part! Like I said you can make what ever kind you would like but I'm sharing the Banana Pudding Ice Cream. These are the remaining ingredients you will need....

-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

-1 cup of crushed vanilla wafers (or you could add as much as you would like. Some people don't like them at all)

-2 thin sliced bananas

Add the 3 remaining ingredients into the mix and stir. I put mine and a tubberware container and freeze at least 6 hours or until it is firm. And this is what you get!
Yummy!

Happy Ice Cream Making!
~ Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment