Thursday, October 27, 2011

Christmas?!

I haven't blogged in a few days. Not really any new updates since I don't go to the doctor until tomorrow morning. So I thought I would do a Christmas post. Yes, I know it isn't even Halloween yet! I personally love Christmas tho and wish it could be everyday of the year! Living in Tennessee we get a little snow but no where near like when I grew up in Ohio. I miss building snowman's and going sledding. The snow doesn't stick long enough to really do much of either here :( And unlike Ohio, here if they even say there's a chance of snow, whether it comes or not, they call out school! It's crazy! Then the kids end up having to make up days at the end of the year because they missed so much. Which I do have to say the roads here are awful and they aren't 'prepared' as much as up north. I personally think it's fun. Snow means you get to stay home and no one is out on the roads! Who doesn't like that?! Last year I had to borrow my dads van when it was icy out. Not a good idea! I slid when I hit the breaks and almost went in the ditch when I turned the corner. And wouldn't you know the idiot behind me didn't even stop and went around me! Must have been a northerner (or at least that's what Blake says!) Ha!

Anyway...I love reading books. I could sit and finish a book in a day if it's interesting. Since I'm on bed rest and have been bored out of my mind and have done every craft I can think of. My mom went to the library the other day and brought me back some books she thought I would like. Only I couldn't get past the first chapter of any of them. But she did get one for herself! And it happened to be a Christmas book, which I love reading! This is the book....
After she finished it she gave it to me to read. I've only gotten half way through it so far but it's really good. A Christmas story and murder mystery all in one! I love this author and she also has other books I plan on reading. She co-writes with Joanne Fluke who also writes Christmas books and murder mysteries. So if you're in the mood to read you should pick this up!

Happy Thursday!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment