Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doctors Appointment Update

We had to be at the doctors at 2 today. They did an ultrasound to measure the fluid around the baby and check the length of my cervix. I didn't get the news I wanted to hear :(  My cervix is measuring at 20mm now. She said the bare minimum they like to see is 25mm. I have to go back on Monday the 17th to get rechecked. She said she doesn't want me getting up at all unless I need to go to the bathroom. Uhh...I thought I was already doing that! I was going between the bed and the couch but looks like I will be in my bed until Monday. She also said depending on what my cervix measures, I may have to go back in the hospital. She said the Cerclage was still holding. So I was assume I would go back in so they can monitor me and start fluids and probably do a catheter again so I would be on complete bed rest. I would do anything to keep this baby so for now I'm just going to relax and just pray it grows! I don't even want to think about any other possibilities! Here's to trying not to cry a million times until then :( But either way it doesn't look like he's going to make it full term. Please say a prayer for Levi.

~Christine

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you didn't get the news you wanted to hear at your dr's appt today! :( I'll be praying that Levi hangs in there a while longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! And yay for my first comment :)

    ReplyDelete