Sunday, January 01, 2012

Home at last...

Friday we got to leave the hospital with our little miracle! We only stayed in the hospital for a total of 3 days and for all the trouble I went through and delivering at 35 weeks I was really surprised. All I've heard the entire time is you need him to stay in as long as he can. He never had to go to the nicu and the only problem he had was jaundice. Not to bad!

I decided to keep breast feeding. The first few days was really frustrating but now it's easy. He doesn't actually feed from the boob but I pump into a bottle and give it to him that way. I do it for about 40 minutes at a time and I end up getting enough for 3 bottles. I have a bunch in the freezer right now so when he's hungry we just get one out and heat it up. It's much easier than I thought it would be and we don't have to spend money on formula!

He is a super easy baby. Hope it stays this way! I don't really get much sleep anyway because at night I never seem to be tired. Just during the day when I have a ton to do of course. I feed him every 3 hours and the pediatrician told me to feed him as much as he would take. So right now he's eating about 35ml each feeding. Sometimes more. They want him to put on some weight because of the jaundice and he lost weight while in the hospital. He barely ever cries. Just when he's cold or hungry and even then it's like a little whimper. I feed him at midnight and then I have to set my alarm clock at 3 am to wake up and feed him since he doesn't ever cry and wake me up. And then the nights that Blake works he gets off at 6am so he feeds him when he gets home so I can at least sleep in some. Helps a ton! The only thing I hate is having to wake up to pump. It probably isn't a good thing but I pump at midnight and then I don't do it again until I wake up. So far it hasn't done anything to the boobs. Lol! They do get a little sore on the sides like towards my arm pits but it's mainly when they're full like in the mornings. I also read that for the first week or so they just tend to be sore because the milk is still coming in. When babies are first born they're poop is like tar. They want Levi to eat more like I said because of the jaundice and they were worried about his poop staying like tar. But as of yesterday it's normal! I knew babies fart obviously but he farts up a storm! Yesterday I guess I wasn't paying attention while I was changing him and I look up and there was a huge wet spot on my bed! Oops! Guess I'm not use to the boy parts doing what they want!

Right now Levi is laying in my lap as I type this. It still seems like a dream. The whole pregnancy process is just crazy and mine was trouble to say the least! I've heard a million times...Oh when he's here you'll forgot all about the pregnancy and you'll want more. I refused but I'll have to admit....They were right. Having a baby is the best thing in this world! Every pregnancy is going to be difficult for me but if I get this little miracle in the end I think I could deal with it a million times more! He is the cutest thing I have ever seen and I'm so glad I get to look at him every day. I couldn't imagine going through life and never having him. I hold him and kiss him as much as I can because you never know what tomorrow will bring. I'm just thankful for today and for everything that I have! And thanks to having the best future husband and father of my child  I can stay home with Levi and enjoy every second of him being here. I couldn't imagine having to put your baby in daycare and leave him with a complete stranger. The world is full of crazy people and there's no way I could do it! I've definitely worked to hard for this.

The weird thing is I've always wanted a little girl. But now that I have my little boy I could have 10 of them and be okay. I just want to pinch his cheeks and eat him up he is so cute! I just wish they stayed little forever! I can't wait to see him get bigger and do all of the fun things that parents do with their kids. Hopefully next spring or summer we can take a Disney cruise. Not that he would remember any of it but he deserves everything in this world and more. I love him to pieces!
My little miracle
This is how he is laying as I type this
Bath Time!
He's a thumb sucker!
Love him!
Cuddle Time!
Levi, 
I love you more than you will ever know!

Your mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment