Monday, January 09, 2012

Another doctors appointment...

We took Levi to the pediatrician again today to get his weight and Bilirubin checked. I switched to formula over the weekend to see if it would put some weight on him and it worked! He gained 4 1/2 ounces in 2 days! Yay! As of yesterday I was adding 10ml of breast milk to 30ml of formula and feeding him every 2 hours and it seems to be working well. I noticed today that when he finishes his 40ml he still acts like he wants more so we are upping it to 15ml breast milk and 35ml of formula and trying to feed him every 2-3 hours. He has no problem with feeding. He burps good and doesn't ever throw up. He does get hiccups every once in awhile but I'm not surprised because he had them 1-2 times a day when he was in my belly. And the pediatrician said that was normal. He checked his Bilirubin levels and called us a few hours ago and said it was at 12. Which is down from the last time it was checked. So I guess as long as he keeps gaining weight the jaundice will eventually go away. His skin is still a slight yellow but nothing like it was. The pediatrician was wondering if he was just naturally tan. Which Blakes great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee. And when Blake is out in the sun he gets really dark and his dad gets mistaken for being mexican sometimes. Lol!

Dr. S told us we wouldn't need to come back until his 2 month visit which is when he gets his shots but because his level is still up a little we have to go back Friday to get it checked again. I love his pediatrician but I hate waiting! I guess because he's a newborn once we walk in they take us to the back and we wait in a room back there. Kind of annoying but I know it's way better than sitting in the lobby with all the sick kids that come in.

Blake starts his new job on Sunday. Kind of sad because he'll be gone for 2 weeks in Oklahoma but I know that it will all work out and it's allowing me to be a stay at home mom which is what I've always wanted to do.  He works 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I know he's going to hate being away from Levi but he is the best dad ever and wants to be able to do everything he can to make sure Levi has a good future. We aren't the type of people that live above our means. What we have is nice and because we don't have a million bills like some people I know we can live on a budget and finally start to put a lot of money in savings when he starts this job. I can not wait until things are back to normal! I've worked since I was 14 so staying at home won't feel normal to me but if it means I get to raise my son and not have someone else do it I'll take it!

This morning right before his doctors appointment I decided to take some pictures of him. I almost forgot I crocheted him a bear outfit while I was in the hospital. He got fussy so I had to snap fast but the few I got are cute. After 3 1/2 months on unplanned bed rest we don't exactly have the extra money to pay to get pictures done at the moment so this will have to do for now. My mom and I were talking about getting Levi and his 2 cousins together and getting professional pictures done one of these days. Plus we have never had professional pictures done so a family portrait is a must! And I know it just passed but I can not wait for Christmas this year! He'll almost be 1! That's crazy to think! Ok...enough blabbing...time to show some pictures!




He is so stinking cute! I kiss his cheeks a million times a day and sing him a lovely song I made up lol It's called Yittle Baby Levi.

Have A Good Week!
~Christine & Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment