Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cheesy Potato Soup!

I have an obsession with finding recipes on Pinterest. It's seriously an addiction. I love to cook and bake so of course it comes in handy. Blake always likes to make soups so I looked to see if I could find a potato soup that tasted like O'Charleys. And of course I found one. Here is the original recipe that I used. We didn't follow the recipe exactly so here is our version....
We buy potatoes at Save-A-Lot because they are the biggest potatoes I have ever seen and you can get a bag for around $3! So we use 2 gigantic potatoes and cut them up into small pieces. You can choose to peel them or leave the skin on. Put them in a pot with 1/2 an onion or so finely chopped. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper. 1 chicken bouillon cube and 1 cup of water. Cook until the potatoes are soft. In a small bowl add 1 1/2 cups milk with 2 tbsp flour. Mix together and add to the pot of potatoes. Stir until the soup thickens. Add 1/2 pound of Velveeta cheese and stir until it's melted and you're done! 

The first time we made this we just ate it plain. But the second time we added bacon and green onions to it and topped with shredded cheese. This is the best potato soup I have ever had. Maybe even better than O'Charleys and it is super easy to make!

Now I want some! Enjoy!

Have a good Saturday!
~Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment