Monday, June 25, 2012

Corn Salad

Last week we went to dinner at a local restaurant/bar called the Corner Pub.  

My mom order catfish and one of her sides was corn salad. It looked interesting but I tasted it and loved it. It looked simple enough to make on my own.

then...

I checked my favorite food blog skinny taste today and they just so happened to post this same recipe recently. Not to mention on my lunch break I bought 3 ears of corn. It was meant to be!

Instead of making corn on the cob like I planned I made Corn salad.

I used a variation of both recipes and this is what I came up with...

3 ears of corn, raw and cut off the cob
1/2 of a red onion, diced
1 fresh jalapeno, diced (no seeds)
1/2 of a tomato, diced
1 scallion, diced
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
dash of salt 
dash of pepper
dash of garlic powder
4 tbsp light mayo
3 tbsp greek yogurt


You can also add cilantro

Mix all of the vegetables and cheese together and then add the light mayo and greek yogurt.


End result

You could serve it cold or warm and you could also add anything you want like cream cheese instead of the mayo and yogurt.

Since I'm counting calories I figured it up and it's approx. 115 calories per serving (1/2 cup). And makes about 6 servings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment