Saturday, March 24, 2012

Levi Update

Yesterday we were finally able to take Levi to the doctor for his 2 month check up. We had issues with his insurance for what seems like ever and finally got it fixed. He was a little past due since he is almost 3 months but at least we finally got it taken care of. He had to get 3 shots and one taken orally. He sucked the oral one down fast! The other shots he hated! He got pricked a lot when he was younger from having his jaundice levels done every week but he hasn't had a shot since he was born. So needless to say he screamed! They stuck 2 in his left leg and one in his right leg. Which she said the one in the right leg would sting. Poor baby! He cried for maybe 5 minutes and was asleep by the time we got out to the car. He was fine for the next couple of hours and then he became fussy. We gave him a small dose of the baby tylenol just in case. They said he could run a fever which he never ended up doing.

We had plans on his first ever babysitter watching him last night but had to cancel because as soon as we got in the car he screamed bloody murder. Daddy was holding him and about cried he felt so bad for him. It is sooo nice to have Blake around and watch how loving he is with his son. I know a ton of people that aren't as fortunate. So for that I am thankful!

He got measured for height and weight while we were there. Just a few weeks ago when we took him for his cold he weighed 12 lbs 7 ounces and now he weighs 12 pounds 13 ounces. He is also 22 1/2 inches long. His head and weight measurements are average but his height is only in the 6th percentile. Poor baby has no chance at being tall with me only being 5'2" and his dad is 5'4".  My dad and brothers are tall though so who knows. Maybe he will have a growth spurt when he gets older.
We still aren't sure about his eye color. Sometimes they are like a grey/blue and then sometimes they almost look green. Blake thinks they're going to end up being green.
Today Levi's cousin Brody came over to play. He's 10 months old and is crawling. He is the funniest baby I have ever seen! If he turns out anything like his dad(my brother) we're in trouble! He knows how to wave Hi and he gives kisses but he attacks you! He has two bottom teeth and tries to bite! He can stand if you hold his hands but hasn't figured out the whole walking thing yet. I can't wait until Levi is that age!

 Baby Love!
Levi has been a happy camper today. Dad even got him to giggle earlier from tickling him. I on the other hand have had a major allergy attack and it won't go away! This will be week number 2. At first I had a cold with it and now I have a tooth ache so my head has been pounding since yesterday! I bought a neti pot thinking it would help my sinus pressure but as long as I have a tooth ache nothing will help. So we gotta get that fixed asap! Plus I chopped off 10 inches of my hair today! Felt soooo good. It grew like a weed while I was prego and I was gonna leave it long to curl and stuff but between Levi and working I don't have the time or patience to mess with it. Plus it has been super hot so I end up putting it in a ponytail anyway! Not it's off my neck and feels so much better!

Levi's next appointment is May 11th. I think his doctor said he has to get 2 more shots then. Poor baby! I'm gonna make sure I give him Tylenol before we go this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment