Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Florentine Crepes

I'm just a mom that likes to cook. 

Sunday morning we went to Ihop for breakfast. I got one of their 400 calorie breakfasts and Blake got Chicken Florentine Crepes. I had never had Chicken Florentine or Crepes for that matter. It was soooo good. But I'm pretty sure it was a million calories.

This morning I felt like cooking so I ran to the store and got everything I needed to make my own version of these.

What you need:
Package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Mushrooms
Onion
Spinach
1 Garlic Clove
Garlic Salt
Italian Seasoning
Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese

Flour
Milk
Oil
Eggs
Cooking Spray

Since I have never made either of these I just guessed at making the Chicken Florentine.

You're going to need a Large Skillet!

I used the entire package of Chicken ( it makes a ton!). I sprinkled them with the Italian Seasoning and Garlic salt. Cooked them in a skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil on medium heat until they were done. As they were almost done and still in the pan I took a fork and chopped/shredded the meat.

Removed from pan and put in a bowl to set aside.

While the chicken was cooking I sliced one whole package of mushrooms, 1/2 an onion, 1 clove of garlic and sauteed for 5 minutes. I then added the spinach until it was 'limp'. Add the chicken back into the pan and mix together.

To make the Crepes:
I used the Crepe recipe found here. I love the SkinnyTaste.com website! I have made so many recipes off of it and they are all really good! The only thing I changed was using Whole Wheat Flour. Crepes are super easy to make and don't take long at all!

To put them together I took a Crepe, sprinkled some cheese on it and then added a scoop of the Chicken Florentine and sprinkled with a little more cheese. Rolled it up and it was done!

Normally it has a Hollandaise  Sauce on it but I didn't make it since I'm counting calories and it has a lot from the butter! If I were to ever make it I found this recipe that I would use.

Final result
If you've never had a Crepe it's a mix between a pancake and a tortilla. Hence the reason for the coloring of them in this picture. 

Each Crepe is less than 250 calories. Not bad!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment